This post is titled Gerai Ramadhan Outing - Gadong by author SoulJah. _DSC8010

I find that, in a pinch, my manual focus, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 ais, does a wonderful job as a stand in for my 70-200mm. I think I'm beginning to get a hang of this lens, and seeing it's almost as tiny as my 50mm, I think it'll go along with me the next time I go to KL again. I'm planning on sitting in a corner of Bukit Bintang, snapping away, as I rarely got the chance to do so the last time I was in KL.

I've been pretty much out of sync with my shooting lately, and someone suggested going full on manual for the time being to root out the cobwebs outta my head. While I might not go full blown Hasselblad-ing Bukit Bintang, the wonderful clarity and sharpness of this 20 year old lens might just give my other lenses a bit of jealousy fit. I mean, with an optical formula dating back to 50 years, why mess with a good thing, right?


More photos here.

Labels: , , ,

Posted by SoulJah at 12:09:00 AM

3 Comment(s):
Old lenses can be amazing, especially if you get the right ones. Now try pairing them with some old school sensor technology (you know, the analogue kind) for a real treat ;)
My DSLR is getting a bit jealous of the other cameras :p
By Blogger Mustanir, at Tuesday, September 16, 2008  

Been trying to secure a Nikon FM2n, which apparently there were a couple at a local shop, and my friend picked one up. Everyone's going film crazy nowadays, LOMO's, Holga's, rangefinders, old SLRs and the like. My friend who got the FM2n got lucky when it was paired with a 50mm f/1.4 AiS lens, for around about 100 pounds total.

I'm still playing around with a freind's Hasselblad, still haven't processed the latest roll yet. Planning on getting some sweet Velvia 50s soon :)
By Blogger SoulJah, at Tuesday, September 16, 2008  

You have good friends, I need a friend with a 'blad, haha. Film is fun. I look forward to seeing your stuff
By Blogger Mustanir, at Wednesday, September 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

ETCETERA

XML + Else

Last.fm CSS Reboot Blogger 

Icon Opera

Twitter

    Flickr

    SoulJah. Get 

yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr