This post is titled Sheraton's Ramadhan Kampong Delight by author SoulJah. _DSC3562

Year after year, Sheraton Utama Hotel doesn't disappoint during the Ramadhan season, by offering a plethora of great breaking of fast items at a great price. The kampung styled offerings are sure to whet the appetite of the fasting patrons, with little tidbits of starters based on local dishes; from the salted fish, salted eggs, eggs covered in peanut sauce; to the local sweets and desserts, accompanied by the customary dates to break the fast, diners are greeted with a plenty of choice at the Tasek Brasserie this year.

_DSC3558

_DSC3607

_DSC3554
Dates and traditional sweets and desserts to start off the feast.

_DSC3589

The usual grilled whole lamb is present, along with the grilled food station. Other dishes of note were the Lamb Topiaza, and the Potatoes with Peanuts and Anchovies, which I loved despite the simple nature of the dish. I haven't had the chance to try the Fish Filet dish and the Sup Tulang, but I only saw thumbs-ups from the other diners in our party last night, so it's safe to say it's good.

_DSC3582

_DSC3581

_DSC3612
Curry Laksa, heavenly.

The laksa finished out my 'rounds' last night, and people who know me, knows that I've been looking for a good laksa dish in Brunei for the past few months. I'd say the curry laksa they had was one of the top 3 laksa dishes I have had here.

_DSC3570

To finish up, the dessert station was particularly inviting for the amount of cakes and desserts lined up, but had to go with the Mud Cake, as I'm a fiend for chocolate.

In all a great spread, a great atmosphere, and should have paced myself. By the end of the dinner, I was really, really full. Maybe I'll come round again and have another go. Two family members conveniently have their birthdays in September. Maybe by then I've had more training.

Labels: , , ,

Posted by SoulJah at 2:24:00 PM

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

ETCETERA

XML + Else

Last.fm CSS Reboot Blogger 

Icon Opera

Twitter

    Flickr

    SoulJah. Get 

yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr